Health and Safety Manager
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to be responsible for the day to day management of health and safety. Strive for best practice and continual improvement in line with business objectives.
Your responsibilities as a Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Conducting the annual review of the Integrated Management System with certification body
- Maintenance and investigation of accident records / RIDDOR
- Proactive management of Health & Safety throughout the business ensuring compliance whilst encouraging collaboration.
- Establish & promote a Health & Safety team, devise and deliver appropriate training and promote work place H&S best practice.
- conducting health and safety audits.
- Arranging for Annual Fire Risk Assessments and ensure outstanding action
- Conducting fire drills and associated record keeping
- Conducting weekly fire “call point” checks with the maintenance department.
- Conducting group health & safety meetings and the distribution of minutes
- Conducting manual handling training.
- The preparation and maintenance of the Health & Safety Policy
- The preparation and maintenance of the COSHH register.
- Company induction of new employees
- Maintaining contractors “permit to work” register and the relevant auditing.
- The maintenance and review of the visitors register and the receipt of all contractors.
- The maintenance of the statutory plant insurance certificates and the corrective actions.
- the preparation of all risk assessments and issue to the relevant departments.
- Accident investigation and reporting
- Be a part of the management team and liaise, advise and train all other department heads on matters of H&S as required and necessary
- Attending seminars and training courses relevant to primary duties and advising management of the company’s current posture.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.