Health and Safety Assistant
Excellent Salary plus benefits package
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety Assistant taking an integral role within the SHE team. In this role you will be supporting the SHE Manager. It will suit a graduate level candidate or qualified by experience
Recognised as a world leader in the area of remote handling equipment and specialist robots, our client produces world class solutions that support a much cleaner and safer planet.
As a Health and Safety Assistant your responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist with matters of Health and Safety
- Assist with creation and review of Risk Assessments
- Coordinate documentation
- Assist with organising of staff training and development
- Assistance with general administration and record keeping
- Provide support to Safety Manager
- Assist with implementation of Health and Safety policy and procedures
To be successful as a Health and Safety Assistant, you must have:
- Interest in IOSH and/or NEBOSH development
- Background in management and/or safety.
What we are looking for:
- Not looking for someone with H&S qualification, looking for someone that requires career development – we will provide professional training IOSH, then NEBOSH as career progresses.
- Must have UK experience, and fluent English Language Skills, due to ability to understand legal requirements / regulations linked to industry – nuclear / engineering.
- Grad with Management Degree / or equivalent, Background in management and/or safety.
- Personality – confident, strong, diplomatic, ability to challenge, be able to spot breaches and potential problems, address accordingly.
- Skills – methodical, analytical, able to work on own initiative
- Location – must be within commutable distance of Oxford (1 hour), there may be flexibility to work from home, however due to business needs must be available to be on site, weekly.
What you will receive as a Health and Safety Assistant:
Attractive salary & benefits package, Pension, 26 days holiday (rising incrementally to 31) You will join a highly skilled team of a prestigious brand, you will have the opportunity (when required) to travel internationally with your product, taking real ownership of what you do demonstrating your passion for engineering.
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Abingdon, Harwell etc.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Health and Safety Assistant, please apply immediately.