Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for an H&S Manager to be Responsible for occupational health and safety and awareness, and environmental issues.
Your responsibilities as an H&S Manager will include:
- Compliance with Legal Obligations: Responsible for advising and assisting the Company Directors / Managers and other persons involved in planning, organising, controlling and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for work.
- To liaise with appropriate corporate, government, or legislative bodies as necessary and to represent the Companies interests with these bodies.
- Ensure the Company’s policies regarding Health, Safety and Environment are developed and maintained
- Ensure Health and Safety / Environmental Procedures are implemented and develop local work procedures to comply with legal obligations
- To maintain effective communication with all staff and external bodies in relation to Health & Safety and Environment.
- Manage Occupational Health.
- Manage contact with insurers, occupational testing contractors and other relevant external parties.
- Manage and co-ordinate environmental issues day to day, including site waste management streams.
- Knowledge / experience of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Management systems. Have good working knowledge / understanding of current environmental legislation.
- Improve the overall environmental performance throughout the organisation by developing and promoting environmental programs to ensure that operations meet regulatory requirements.
- Interact effectively with external agencies, customers, suppliers, employees, corporate management, as well as site management.
- Collect and collate data in order to compile reports, or for data collection supporting customer requirements i.e. CDP
- Develop and implement environmental programs, policies, and compliance and training programs (i.e. ISO 14001) to ensure compliance with regulations, company polices, standards, and practices.
- Develop documentation, practices, processes, and monitoring.
- Involvement in site Environmental Organisation, Planning, Measurement and Audit/Review. Prepare, communicate, and implement responses and corrective actions.
- Conduct environmental audits and required inspections to ensure compliance with company procedures and third-party waste / recycling and disposal services.
- Recommend, develop, and track annual environmental targets and benchmarking for the facility.
- Prepare and coordinate reports, and maintain recordkeeping as required for new and existing processes and equipment.
To be a successful candidate as an H&S Manager you will need:
- Prepare periodic reports
- Develop a range of communication medium e.g. Health and Safety & Environmental display board etc. to ensure that everyone is kept up to date with health and safety / environmental matters
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively orally and in writing to a wide and varied audience.
- The ability to provide technical and regulatory competence and confidence when communicating is essential
- Ability to work independently on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation and policy
- Ability to work as part of a small team and respond flexibly to change
- To support HR activities in investigations, disciplinary and grievance process
- Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to analyse customer needs and make recommendations based on sound business knowledge and commercial acumen
- Ideally NEBOSH / IOSH / COSHH qualified and an Environmental qualification.
- Ideally other qualifications in related issues.
- Member of a recognised Health and Safety Institute.
- Driving Licence
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.