Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a GL Accountant to be working as part of a wider finance function and will be a varied role covering aspects of management and statutory accounts preparation. This role will based in Coleshill
Your responsibilities as a GL Accountant will include:
- Responsible for month end activities and Group reporting deadlines
- Manage forecasting on a monthly basis with detailed forecast at Cost centre level
- Responsible for completion of balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner
- Management of all intercompany loans and intercompany reconciliation including revaluation
- Liaising with Shared Service Centre/ Plant controllers in settlement of intercompany transactions
- Lead in bottoms up Budget preparation for Corporate cost centres
- Booking intercompany recharges and revaluations
- Corporate cost controlling- issuing cost centre reports on a monthly basis
- Review of weekly Bank Reconciliations
- Manage Fixed assets PAR process for European entities.
- Support statutory financial statements of UK for three legal entities
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT and CT61 returns
- Lead in the design and implementation of corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Lead in resolution of any accounting and internal control issues related to G/L accounting operations.
- Any other adhoc task as may be necessary to fulfil the role.
To be a successful candidate as a GL Accountant you will need:
- ACA or ACCA Qualified (or equivalent) with a Big 4. You will be a fully qualified accountant, but candidates with strong technical financial accounting experience will be considered
- Desirable to have post-qualification experience in industry for 3-5 years
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Working experience in an international group with accounting topics across the group
- Hyperion/ One Stream knowledge
- Excellent communication and organizational / project management skills required.
- Meeting strict internal and external deadlines including ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to multi-task without compromising accuracy and timeliness of end products.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. An individual who also has the ability to self-review and question their own work to ensure accurate information is provided
- Individual with strong technology skills and ability to quickly learn new technology to perform job efficiently required.
- Team player mentality required.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and clients both domestic and international.
- A diligent individual who is sceptical and questioning of data presented and who is willing to challenge responses when not understood
- An individual who also has the ability to self-review and question their own work to ensure accurate information is provided.
- Proactive at dealing with issues on an ongoing basis, and takes full responsibility for ensuring work is completed and issues resolve
- To ensure full commitment to Auria policy, legal and customer requirements, support for training, team development & planning, recruitment, communications, Environmental & health and safety, housekeeping and personal discipline
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.