General Ledger Accountant
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a General Ledger Accountant to work as part of a wide finance function and will be a varied role covering aspects of financial and statutory accounts preparation.
You will be joining a leading global automotive manufacturer.
As General Ledger Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for month end activities and month end journal entries for assigned entities (accruals, payroll, prepayments, foreign currency balance revaluations, etc) and timely reconciliation of all GL accounts
- Forecasting on a monthly basis with detailed forecast at Cost centre level
- Responsible that all balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Management of all intercompany loans and intercompany reconciliation
- Calculating cost centre re-allocations and intercompany recharges including day-to-day accounting for corporate entities providing internal financing activities within the group including the financing of legal entities across the Group
- Financial reporting to group and liaison with US accounting team to assist with Group month-end close
- Corporate cost controlling- issuing cost centre reports on a monthly basis
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Assist in bottoms up Budget preparation for Corporate cost centre
- Responsible for the cash process including cash forecasting, communicating with the business to ensure accurate forecasting and dealing with various queries
- Improve controls/process and be C SOX compliant
- Preparation of statutory financial statements of UK for three legal entities
- Assisting with any audit requirements (i.e. prepare schedules, reconciliations, analysis of account balances, etc.) and interface with auditors as needed.
- Prepare and submit monthly tax preparation work including VAT, EC Sales, Intrastat for the UK
- Manage Fixed assets PAR process and maintain FAS register for European sites
- Manages fixed asset process and related controls and reconciliations - Capitalize intangible assets, post monthly amortization and reconcile sub-ledger and general ledger
- Assist in the design and implementation of corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in resolution of any accounting and internal control issues related to G/L accounting operations.
To be successful as General Ledger Accountant, you should have:
- ACA or ACCA Qualified / part qualified (or equivalent). You will ideally be a fully qualified accountant, but candidates with strong technical financial accounting experience will be considered
- Candidates may have qualified in Practice or Industry, but must have post-qualification experience in industry for 2 years.
- Statutory accounts experience
- Month and year end accounting background
- C SOX
This position is based in Warwickshire and easily accessible from Coventry, Solihull, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield etc
If you are excited by the prospect of joining a global automotive organisation as General Ledger Accountant, please apply immediately.