£45k - £55k
Recruit 12 Aftermarket have an amazing opportunity for a Financial Accountant to ensure all transactions are coded and processed accurately through the ERP system and in accordance with internal control purchase order procedures. Journals are prepared and processed as required. Balance sheet reconciliations are completed and discrepancies resolved each month.
As Financial Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for 2 direct reports
- To oversee the daily postings of Accounts Payable Ledger, Cashbooks and Nominal Ledger.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed & queries are resolved in a timely manner each month.
- Analyzing and reporting on the overhead nominal ledger codes and comparing to budget / prior year as necessary to ensure both correct posting
- To check POs raised by departments & provide efficient information to the relevant managers costs reviewing actual against their budgets.
- Monthly VAT return preparation and EC sales list returns and completion of Intrastat
- To maintain the Excel based Fixed Asset Register and Construction in Progress Register. To initiate tagging process for newly acquired Fixed Assets. Perform Tangible Fixed Asset reconciliations.
- To ensure all Customer Funded Tooling is reimbursed & amortisation models are updated by the cost accountant as sales plans change & are incorporated into the business plan.
- To participate in the systems reviews process and other Continuous Improvement initiatives with Finance Department involvement.
- Providing the main focal point for information required by external auditors.
- To conduct appraisals with all direct reports as per the Company’s Appraisal Scheme
- To inform the post holders Line Manager of any difficulties in actioning the above and agree resolution.
To be successful in the role of Financial Accountant, you should be:
- A fully qualified Accountant - CIMA or ACCA
- Previous experience of overseeing general ledger accounts
This role is based in Essex and is easily accessible from Bishops Stortford, Epping, Ware, Harlow
If you are excited by the prospect of working as a Financial Accountant, please apply immediately.