A fantastic job opportunity has arisen for a Facilities Engineer to join a prestigious brand that is renowned for automotive excellence. As the Facilities Engineer you will be responsible for planning, organising, directing and controlling all aspects of the design and construction of new facilities, alongside modifications to existing facilities. You will earn a competitive salary of circa £45,000 per annum, plus excellent benefits.
As a Facilities Engineer, your duties will include the following:
- Ensuring Safe working practises are adhered to, and enforce the 6 Non-Negotiable’s for all Contractors & Staff
- Coordinate and follow up on preventative maintenance on refrigeration units, plumbing, electrical, overhead doors, and any other mechanical systems. Instruct team in how to dispose of hazardous materials in accordance with established OSHA procedures
- Capital and revenue budget control
- Contractor control
- Ensuring buildings and the surrounding environment are maintained to the highest standards
- Fire Risk Assessment, with Fire Alarm & Sprinkler maintenance paramount
- Site welfare, including Lighting, Heating, Water, Toilets, Extraction including VOC’s Coordinate and assist in repairs involving basic electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems
To be successful as a Facilities Engineer, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in project management
- 5 + years of experience in the field
- Education level HND, and above
- Advanced skills with AutoCAD, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook & Excel,
- Basic Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing system installation experience.
- Ability to read Architectural and Manufacturing blueprints.
- Strong analytical skills and proven organisational ability and attention to detail is a must
- This permanent, full time position is based in Coleshill and is easily accessible from Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth and Solihull.
If you are an experienced Facilities Engineer looking for your next career move, please apply immediately.