A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a European Purchasing Manager to join a continually growing Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer. As a European Purchasing Manager, you will play a pivotal role in providing complete procurement and support to various plants worldwide; ensuring all sourcing processes and procedures are strictly adhered to. The successful candidate will join the team on a permanent, full time basis. In return, will be offered an overall package of £85,000 - £90,000; inclusive of salary, car scheme and an annual bonus.
As European Purchasing Manager, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and support to 4 key plants, located globally
- Management of an annual purchasing budget
- Leading or participating in major supplier negotiations
- Developing long term plans for high cost commodities such as tubing, forgings, castings and bearings, whilst liaising with Global Commodity Managers
- Implementing and ensuring that SCMG processes are followed
- Support other SCMG through effective leadership and management
To be successful as a European Purchasing Manager, you will need to able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree of Higher Level Diploma in business related studies or supplier management / purchasing
- Solid knowledge of supplier chain and change management
- Previous experience working within manufacturing or engineering
- Exceptional record on cost saving
- String management, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to manage own and the workload of others efficiently and effectively
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily commutable from West Bromwich, Sutton Coldfield, Smethwick and Walsall.
If you are currently seeking a new career challenge, and believe you possess the required skills to be successful as a European Purchasing Manager, please apply immediately.