A new, fantastic opportunity has arisen for a European Purchasing Manager within a global tier 1 automotive organisation. You will be responsible for driving the integrated Production and Non-Production purchasing function and accountable for identification and evaluation of procurement opportunities for the operations within the European Plants.
As European Purchasing Manager, you will get a salary of £75,000- £80,000 per annum plus a car allowance and rewarding benefits package.
As a European Purchasing Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership for all European Plants commodity buyers.
- Manage all Purchasing activities in European Facilities.
- Manage annual purchasing budget.
- Responsibility for Cost savings budget.
- Developing and implementing commodity plans for each commodity buyer.
- Implementing and ensuring that purchasing process are followed, e.g. price increases, sourcing table, standard contracts, supplier assessments tec.
- Providing purchasing Europe regional support, actively taking part in regional activities and meetings.
- Leading/taking part in major supplier negotiations.
- Provide support for local business unit and local senior management.
- Providing support from engineering to ensure new customer programs are achieved.
- Implementing Global purchasing initiatives locally.
To be successful in the role of European Purchasing Manager, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree or Higher-Level Diploma in business related studies of Supplier Management/Purchasing.
- Solid knowledge of Supplier Chain and Change Management experience is essential/desirable.
- Exceptional record on cost savings is essential.
- Problem solving skills are essential.
- Strong management skills are essential.
- Strong leadership/negotiations skills are essential.
- Operating within a large Matrix organization
- Prior experience leading teams of similar size
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily commutable from West Bromwich, Sutton Coldfield, Smethwick and Walsall.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa