Estimator or Senior Estimator
Excellent Salary Plus Benefits
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator or Senior Estimator to join a construction business that specialises in fit-out, refurbishment, design and build, and maintenance projects.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a strong knowledge of all elements of construction, building process, and specifications.
Your responsibilities as an Estimator or Senior Estimator would include:
- Attend estimating meeting
- Mark up Bill of Quantities
- Input Bill of Quantities into Causeway software package
- Ensure inquiries are sent out to suppliers and sub-contractors
- Request further information from the Client/Designer/Architect (if required)
- Visit the site (if required) and complete the site survey checklist
- Monitor return of inquiries from suppliers/sub-contractors where necessary
- Work within the set timescale to produce and estimate
- Close liaison with all Personnel, Clients, Sub Contractors, and any others involved in the process of preparing the estimate
- Complete formal handover to QS/PMs on all contracts
- Obtain feedback on all contracts from QS and PM with a view to future tenders/rates
- Deal with tender inquiries, provide professional advice, and clearly set expectations with each client on turnaround times.
- Submit price stating any qualifications to tender
- Follow up the price with a client
- Adhere to company standards and guidelines when analyzing and providing estimations; focus on maximizing profit and customer satisfaction, while minimizing any potential risk to the company
- Prepare and submit financial documents
- Balance multiple proposals and estimations at once, ensuring each reaches the client by the deadline
- Liaise with other company departments to maintain business development and continuously innovate new profitable outcomes
- Maintain relationships with existing clients keep a sales-minded attitude, and seek out and build relationships with new clients
- Assessing and adhering to all risk assessments and health and safety requirements
- Identify labor, materials, and time requirements by studying proposals, plans, specifications, and related documents. Agreeing to compound labor rate with Director(s).
To be a successful candidate as an Estimator or Senior Estimator you would need:
- An HNC, HND, or degree in construction would be desirable
- Working knowledge of Causeway or similar software packages
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Technical skills, knowledge of industry processes, materials, and costs
- Time management skills
- Aware of data confidentiality
- Assertive and resilient
- Analytically minded, including having the ability to undertake financial analysis
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, Construction, and World-Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport, or a valid UK visa.