A productive Estimating Engineer is required to join a global manufacturer of precision machined components, fabrications and assemblies; suppling leading names within Aerospace, Defence and Marine industries. As an Estimating Engineer, you will responsible for supporting Engineering Director and Business Development Department with the costing and quotation process of both new and existing programmes; whilst maximising profitability through negotiation with purchasing and their suppliers. The successful candidate will join the team on a permanent basis, working Monday – Friday with a competitive salary available.
As an Estimating Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Estimating both new and current projects proficiently within schedule
- Providing commercial feedback to both new and existing programmes; providing quotations for prototype, serial production and customer repair requests
- Supporting the Commercial Department in securing new contracts, whilst working alongside the Senior Management team ensuring fulfilment of a pre-outlined businesses strategy
- Reviewing the costs to completion of new programmes as an audit, highlighting any profits or losses
- Working alongside Purchasing to attain supplier quotations
- Tracking of dates of enquiry to completion; supplying quotations in a timely manner
- Performing other duties as required, which generally correspond to the nature of the position
To be successful as an Estimating Engineer, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Engineering experience, with a strong CNC machining background; whilst being fully conversant with modern manufacturing components
- Experience of machining large precision turned components
- Knowledge of CAD CAM systems
- Strong project management skills; able to deliver projects within a set schedule and budget
- Experience of APQP, PFMEA’s and NPI
- The ability to implement Lean techniques
- HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, or relevant experience
This role is based in Birmingham, and is easily accessible from Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Solihull.
If you are seeking a new career as an Estimating Engineer within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, and believe you meet the specified requirements, please apply immediately.