Environmental Test Engineer
Up to £36,000 subject to experience
Recruit12 has an exciting new opening for an Environmental Test Engineer. The main purpose of this role is to provide design validation (DV) testing of new automotive exterior lighting products to customer test specifications.
As an Environmental Test Engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for conducting DVP test programs to validate the design of new automotive exterior lighting products to customer test specifications for high-end automotive companies within the sector.
- Setup, monitoring, and analysis of environmental tests e.g. high/low temperature, temperature cycle, humidity, thermal shock, corrosion, dust, and water spray.
- Setup, monitoring, and analysis of mechanical tests e.g.random vibration, mechanical shock.
- Conducting material testing for plastic components or validating component finishes such as aluminising or chrome plating.
- Basic electrical testing of products to verify correct operation.
- Feedback of test results to project teams.
- Assist project teams in resolving issues with products during the testing process.
- Investigations into root causes of test failures to determine possible corrective actions.
- Arrange external testing at test houses and witness external tests as required.
- Compile detailed test reports in accordance with company and customer requirements.
To be successful as an Environmental Test Engineer, you must have:
- Prior experience of working in a Test Engineer role.
- Educated to a minimum of HND/HNC level in a relevant engineering or scientific subject
- Self-motivated produces high-quality work and completes tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to organize and effectively record testing activities and results.
- Good team working and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and implement customer test specifications.
- Ability to write accurate and detailed test reports using Microsoft Word & Excel
This position is based in Buckinghamshire and is easily accessible from surrounding areas such as Radclive, Fascott and Gawcott.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World-Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport, or a valid UK visa.