An Environmental Engineer is required to join a renowned Tier 1 Aerospace manufacturer. Supporting the Environmental, Health and Safety Director, the successful candidate will be required to provide advice and support to operational teams on environmental matters whilst developing and implementing sustainability plans. This is a permanent, full time position offering an annual salary of £30,000 – £35,000.
As an Environmental Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the environmental management system is maintained in line with changing standards and legislation
- Coaching operational teams in applying controls and procedures
- Investigate and review environmental incidents and reports
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control systems and policies and recommend changes
- Undertake inspections and audits and complete appropriate reports
- Assist in occupational health, safety and environmental inductions
To be successful as an Environmental Engineer, you will need to be able to demonstrate to following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Environmental Management
- At least 3 years’ experience in environmental management within a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Ability to undertake environmental audits and inspections
- PIEMA or AIEMA Membership
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritise workload
This positon is based in Redditch, as is easily accessible from Birmingham, Studley, Bromsgrove, Stratford-upon-Avon and Solihull.
If you are currently seeking a career move and believe you meet the required criteria to be a successful Environmental Engineer, please apply immediately.