Electrical Engineer Contract Basis
Attractive Salary plus Benefits
Recruit12 is currently offering a position within a world-class organization for an Electrical Engineer, to join an exciting company that is the leading provider of Remote Handling solutions and is supporting the clean-up of some of the world’s most hazardous environments. This role will join our client's fast-growing nuclear decommissioning & waste management business, by developing and delivering unique, first-of-a-kind robotic technology to our clients across the world.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of remote handling equipment and specialist robots, our client produces world-class solutions that support a much cleaner and safer planet.
An Electrical Engineer is required to deliver all electrical design elements on projects from requirements specification through to concept, design, implementation, development to manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery, and operation.
The key elements of the role are:
- Working on various projects, the electrical Engineer assists the project teams in delivering world class technology solutions in complex hazardous environments.
- Using software such as SEE Electrical, Trimble (Amtech) ProDesign, Solidworks 3D & PasCal to support and present design information.
- Leading the delivery of electrical aspects of projects, either individually or as part of a project team. This includes, specification, design development, design reviews, change management, design risk assessments, implementation, integration, and commissioning.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems.
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes to reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field.
- Ensuring that the Health and Safety Policy, hazard and risk analysis, compliance with CDM and any other applicable regulations are adhered to within the scope of work.
- Ensuring that the Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to within the scope of work.
To be successful in the role of Electrical Engineer, you must have the following:
- Be proficient in an electrical Design role within an engineering or manufacturing business.
- Experience in the design, implementation and use of remote handling equipment or the development of robotic equipment.
- Experience of working with international clients, primarily Europe and Japan, is beneficial, but not required.
- Support project delivery through all stages from preliminary concept to post-handover support.
- Good presentation of data and written skills especially planning tasks and reporting writing
- Experience in the design of motion control systems
- Experience in design for manufacture
- Experience in the design of machinery safety systems
- Experience of designing for assembly, designing mock-ups, etc.
- Experience in the electrical design of control systems
- Experience in panel design and cable routing
A good working knowledge of:
- Any electrical design software that can be transferred to SEE electrical (SolidWorks Electrical, AutoCad Electrical, Eplan etc)
- 3D CAD especially Solidworks 3D
This position is based in Abingdon, easily commutable from Gloucester, Swindon, Reading, Slough, North West London and Milton Keynes.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organization as a Mechanical Engineer, please apply immediately.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa