Electrical Design Engineer
Competitive Salary + benefits package
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to join a leading Mechanical and Electrical Building Services contractor based in the west midlands.
Due to phenomenal growth, they are looking to add an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join one of the UK’s fastest growing M&E Building Services companies.
Reporting into the Design Manager this Electrical Design Engineer role is joining an experienced team in a very fast paced environment.
Working on a vast portfolio of projects in the following sectors: industrial, commercial, pharmaceutical, food processing, logistics distribution centres.
The candidate is required to develop and deliver electrical designs to facilitate the safe and compliant install on site. MV & LV Distribution, Cable Containment / Transport Systems, Small Power, General & Emergency Lighting, Data, CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Alarm, Fire Alarm.
The candidate must have a minimum of three years’ experience in the Electrical Design Engineering field.
To be successful as a Electrical Design Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- Deep knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN, Irish and UK standards
- Designing in conjunction with fire certs, disability access certs & planning permission report
- Attendance design team meetings
- Carrying out site surveys of existing installations
- Production of stage reports & presentations
- Detailing electrical schematics for build
- Sourcing of electrical components for designs
- Creating test plans and documentation packs for developed electrical designs.
- Liaising with customers & suppliers
- Meeting project delivery deadlines
- Knowledge of Amtech required
- Production of detailed design briefs, BOD’s and survey reports.
- Carry out all work in a professional manner.
- This list is not exhaustive or exclusive.
To be successful as an Electrical Design Engineer, you must have:
- Design Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of Amtech, DIALux /Relux calculations for general and emergency lighting
- Deep knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Irish and UK standards
- 3 years’ experience in construction industry preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to use own initiative.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.