Electrical Design Engineer
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to assist the Solutions & Engineering team in the on-time drawing, design and computation of all pricing queries for custom assemblies, to enable the Right First Time production of these assemblies.
Your responsibilities as an Electrical Design Engineer you will need:
- To produce pricing calculations so that quotations for all custom assemblies can be sent to the customer within agreed SLA’s and timescales.
- Create accurate, detailed technical plans for electrical systems using computer-aided design programs converting specifications and design information from engineers into schematics and blueprints.
- Prepare comprehensive wiring diagrams for electrical equipment according to project objectives, design information and engineering specifications.
- To assist the Building Solutions & Engineering Director in the analysis of data and to identify and formulate improvement ideas to achieve a more efficient department output.
- Ensure all designs meet relevant recognised safety standards.
- Check that final technical drafts include all relevant information in an easy-to-read format and verify that calculations, measurements and units are accurate based on initial design information from engineers.
- Review technical drafts as needed according to verbal or written instructions from project managers, engineering team and clients.
- Participate in design process by supporting the designers, contributing ideas and information and creating diagrams of electrical wiring and systems
- Assist project managers as needed in preparing technical documents and presentation slides for meetings with clients and help the sales team create materials for tradeshows and conferences.
- Proactively advise stakeholders in writing of any delays
- Ensure final designs are compliant to any necessary regulations.
- Efficiently and effectively communicate any potential design problems to the rest of the team and the head of the dept.
- Proactively participate during meetings with stakeholders
- Attend customers’ sites when necessary to validate specifications for design purposes.
To be a successful candidate as an Electrical Design Engineer you will need:
- Be flexible in their duties/responsibilities and perform other duties that reasonably correspond to their job's general character and level of responsibility.
- Undertake overtime as and when required.
- Maintain confidentiality of data and information that is sensitive to the Company, in line with Company policy and the Data Protection Act (1998).
- Take responsibility for their own career development including training and development to meet the changing demands of their role/ business.
- Adhere to all Company’s policies.
- Take a proactive approach to managing their own and others Health & Safety.
- A commitment to the clients values – Reliability, Dynamic, Solution Orientation, Empathy & Sustainability
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.