Recruit12 are delighted to be working alongside an established M&E Building Services Contractor in their search for an experienced Electrical Contracts Manager. Based within the West Midlands, our client is skilled in delivery holistic M&E packages on large-scale schemes across Distribution, Stadia, Industrial, Commercial, Hotel & Leisure.
Reporting into the Operations Director, this role holds ultimate responsibility for the delivery of projects in line with company policies, procedures, EHSQ and financial targets whilst liaising daily with the Client, other internal departments, and various stakeholders.
As an Electrical Contracts Manager, you duties and responsibilities will include:
- Attend tender handover and project start up meetings.
- Become familiar with all details and specifications of the contract.
- Set up for each project an email distribution list.
- Ensure full team understand role with regards the project and manage team and any issues.
- Setting out key dates Program – develop and produce the program.
- Raising RFI’s, Lead final design.
- Issue technical submittals and follow through to approval.
- Ensure all large ticket items are procured and delivered in line with program.
- Budget -ultimately responsible for managing budget. Work closely with the QS.
- Breakout labour only packages and specialists’ packages
- All aspects of the cost plan
- Sets out and manage labour tracker.
- Attend site weekly to monitor progress and quality.
- Ensure the progress report is updated
To be successful in the position of Electrical Contracts Manager, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience at a senior level within the Electrical industry in an operational role to include but not limited to electrical servicing, repairs and electrical installations
- Detailed knowledge of Electrical regulations and legislation and, in particular, BS7671 to current standards
- Experience of contract Management
- Experience of managing staff and personal development of team members
- Qualification in a related field