Excellent salary plus benefits
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for an EC&I technician to join a dynamic team responsible for leading change.
Your responsibilities as a EC&I Technician will be:
- Carrying out calibration, planned and defect maintenance on a variety of equipment including:
- Rotating Plant including motor-driven Fans and Pumps
- Electrical Transducers, Sensors, and Instrumentation
- Control systems for Overhead Cranes, Grabs and Lifting Equipment
- Control systems for Stoker Grates and High-Pressure Boilers
- Steam Turbines controls, water, and Steam Valves controls
- Automation systems and emissions monitoring equipment
- To propose and develop modifications to plant/apparatus as appropriate
- To assist in major outage programmes and supervise contract staff as necessary
- To use condition monitoring techniques such as Ultrasound probes, Thermographic cameras, Vibration Analysis equipment etc to determine plant status and to generate reports
- To apply problem solving techniques to diagnose, remedy and report plant defects, proposing improvements where appropriate
- To assist with the coaching of apprentices to ensure that they gain the appropriate level of exposure to working practices, and the experience that they need to progress
To be a successful EC&I Technician you will need:
- A recognised Engineering apprenticeship in Electrical Controls and Instrumentation and gained relevant professional engineering qualifications
- Previous proven successful experience gained in fault-finding and practical skills
- Competent in the use of hands and machine tools and electrical testing equipment
- Previous experience gained working in a heavy industrial plant
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and confident computer skills
- You will have a “hands on” approach, and the ability to see a job through to completion
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.