Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Document controller to join a well-established family-run construction company, that specialise in the creation of high-quality turnkey facilities in partnership with some of the UK’s leading developers, occupiers, retailers, and logistics businesses.
The role is to work alongside the Information Management team in assisting with administrative tasks and maintain and manage the organisation of the electronic document management system (EDMS) in line with any project requirements and company standards.
As a Document controller your responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintenance of documents and revisions to the EDMS to ensure a complete and up-to-date repository of information that is correctly audited by all parties
- Distribution of information to the relevant internal, designs, and client teams
- Ensuring compliance across all project information in line with standards, protocols, and security measures
- Liaising with external consultants and subcontractors, etc regarding document management and approval requirements
- Produce and regularly update trackers and reports for the project to record progress and update the team
- QA checks information to company information standards and ensure it is distributed to the relevant workflows and reviewed appropriately by internal teams
- Assist with any training when required
- Support site teams with the use of the EDMS, administrative tasks, and any ad hoc duties
- To work to the Company’s quality standards and performance criteria
- Co-operate on matters of health and safety and follow the training provided, always taking reasonable care of personal and other people’s health and safety
- Any other duties consistent with the role of Document Controller as may be required from time to time
To be successful in the position of a Document controller, you will need the following:
- Experience working on Industrial/Logistics projects would be advantageous
- A qualification in Document Control or similar is highly desirable or attending university/college to achieve this
- Ambition and drive
- Self-motivation and pro-activity
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to meet strict deadlines
- Good negotiation skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- The ability to drive would be beneficial
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.