DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (CONSTRUCTION)
£60,000 to £70,000
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Development Manager to join a leading Civil Engineering and Building company on a permanent basis delivering high-quality construction projects across the UK.
Due to the companies continued success and growth they have an immediate opportunity for a Development Manager.
As a Development Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
• To be commercially aware of existing contracts, future tenders, and other business opportunities.
• Focusing on obtaining ‘new’ clients and continuing our growth and communication channels with existing key clients and stakeholders.
• Identifying and evaluating land opportunities in order to bring forward land opportunities and new contracts to meet the Companies and the client requirements.
• Working alongside agents and consultants to bring schemes to fruition.
• Negotiating deals with potential landowners and clients, meet with planners to keep schemes progressing, and provide the first stage of financial budget estimates.
• Having a good knowledge of the Planning system and legislation, working closely and engaging with Planners.
• Setting up option agreements with landowners and instruct the legal team with option agreements.
• Liaising with Housing Associations to determine interest, housing need, mix, and tenure to determine the optimum development value.
• Briefing consultants and commission architects and other consultants as and when required.
• Assisting in planning the Companies work program.
• Supporting and assisting with the implementation of the new business development plan in line with the business strategy and objectives.
• Developing relationships with key decision-makers resulting in long-term Partnerships.
• Developing a comprehensive understanding of Our Clients, Our Service Offerings, Our Competitive Landscape, and Our sales and Delivery Capabilities.
• Promotion of Company to external bodies or construction events.
• Producing reports and other administrative duties as and when required.
• Participate as a team member, sharing ideas and best practices.
• Maintain Integrated Management System (IMS) requirements, procedures and policies.
To be successful as a Development Manager, you must have:
• 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following:
• development of social housing i.e., as an Area Manager or Project Manager for a housing association with strong contacts in local authorities and planning departments;
• land consultancy, land planning with a strong ability in developing option agreements.
• An understanding of the Planning system.
• Demonstration of understanding budget and cost control.
• An understanding of Housing Association funding and Development processes.
• Have an understanding of Building and Construction.
This position is based in Kegworth and is easily accessible from Birmingham, Worcester, Leicester, Coventry, and Tamworth.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining a Civils and Build construction business as a Project Manager, please apply immediately.