Salary £30-40k dep on exp
Recruit12 have a great opportunity for a Design Engineer. You will join a market leader with over 80 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of powertrain components.
The ideal candidate will have experience in CAD design, producing engineering drawings from design to manufacture and will need to possess a hands-on attitude.
As a Design Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- Produce engineering designs, 3D models and assemblies.
- Mechanical design calculations - FEA analysis and awareness of other computational analysis tools.
- Completing fully toleranced and detailed manufacturing drawings
- Project management
- Problem Solving
- Compiling BOM’s
- Assisting in the creation of fitting instructions for the products you design
As a Design Engineer you will need:
- Relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in 3D CAD ideally SolidWorks.
- A basic knowledge of automotive engines and systems would be preferred.
- An ability to deliver under pressure with an appetite for success
- A positive, proactive attitude, self-reliant with a high level of self-motivation
- A keen, hands on inquisitive attitude towards all aspects of mechanical engineering
- A basic understanding of casting processes, jigs, tooling and manufacturing processes
- Experience using basic hand tools and participation in engineering related hobbies
What you will Receive:
You will have the opportunity for ownership of design projects from start to finish. Competitive salary plus benefits. The successful candidate may also have the opportunity to travel to our sister company in America.
This position is based in Shropshire, and is easily accessible from Staffordshire, Herefordshire, West Midlands, Cheshire etc.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation please apply immediately