We currently have an opening for a Cost Engineer to join a major manufacturer of automotive components.
As Cost Engineer you will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the process definitions for all quotations, including tooling estimations. As part of the role, you will be expected to analysis the inputs from the various process definition Managers and to have input into the make vs buy process, define head count data used in quotations, confirm all investment & tooling costs are value for money.
As Cost Engineer your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Review and propose best fit stampings, pressings, assembly production routes
- Perform and complete analysis reports on quotations
- Maximise head count utilisation assumptions for quotations
- Travel to other sites to represent the UK Quotation Team
- Liaise with other functions and departments to verify data
- Review and challenge of quotation and input data
- Assist in all forecast, business plan and budget meetings when required
- Complete quotation data as appropriate or requested
To be successful in the position of Cost Engineer you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extensive working knowledge of press techniques, manufacturing assembly processes, CNC machining processes and tools
- Experience of a similar role within manufacturing preferably within the automotive industry
- Ability to carry out in-depth cost analysis of all manufacturing processes and challenge all the process definition inputs to ensure the most effective cost/processes/manning/investment/tooling have been applied by the Managers, purchase, logistics etc
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
The position is based in the West Midlands and is easily commutable from Stourbridge, Dudley, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Walsall.
If you are seeking a new career opportunity as a Cost Engineer, and believe you meet the above requirements, please apply now!