Control and Software Engineer
Excellent Salary plus Benefits
Recruit 12 currently have an opportunity for a Control and Software Engineer to join an exciting company that is the leading provider of Remote Handling solutions and is supporting the clean-up of some of the world’s most hazardous environments. This role will join our client's fast-growing nuclear decommissioning & waste management business, by developing and delivering unique, first-of-a-kind robotic technology to our clients across the world.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of remote handling equipment and specialist robots, our client produces world-class solutions that support a much cleaner and safer planet.
As a Control and Software Engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Working on various projects, the Control & Software Engineer assists the team in delivering world-class technology solutions in complex hazardous environments.
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of C&S aspects of projects, either individually or as part of a C&S project team. This includes the following: specification, design development, design reviews, change management, design risk assessments, implementation, integration, and commissioning.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems.
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes to reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability, and compliance to standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field.
- Ensuring that the Health and Safety Policy, hazard and risk analysis, compliance with CDM, and any other regulations are adhered to within the scope of work.
- Ensuring that the Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to within the scope of work.
To be successful as a Software and Control Engineer, you must have:
- Be proficient in a C&S Design role within an engineering or manufacturing business.
- Experience in the design, implementation, and use of remote handling equipment or the development of robotic equipment.
- Experience of working in Japan or with a Japanese Client is beneficial.
- Proficient working technical and practical knowledge of being part of a multi-disciplinary organization.
- Support project delivery through all stages from preliminary concept to post-handover support.
- Proficient knowledge (preferably also experience) in many, of the following areas and be prepared to gain knowledge of the others: Control theory, OO Software development (all stages) (preferably C++), Actuator technologies, Sensor technologies, PLC and SCADA development (all stages), FMEA, Robotics (Forward/inverse kinematics, trajectory generation, control theory), UML/SysML, Databases, Motor drive technologies, Requirements analysis, Real-time software development and OS usage.
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, mechanical, science, or related field of study.
- More than 3 years’ experience in the design and implementation of control and software systems.
This position is based in Oxfordshire and is easily accessible from Didcot, Abingdon, Faringdon, and Wantage.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organization as a Control and Sofware Engineer, please apply immediately.