Control and Software Engineer (Contract)
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Control and Software Engineer to assist in the end-to-end delivery of new projects. This includes assisting with specification, design development, design reviews, change management, design risk assessments, implementation, integration, and commissioning.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of remote handling equipment and specialist robots, our client produces world class solutions that support a much cleaner and safer planet.
As a Control and Software Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of C&S aspects of projects, either individually or as part of a C&S project team.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for subassemblies and full electro-mechanical systems
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes to reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field
- Ensuring that the Health and Safety Policy, hazard and risk analysis, compliance with CDM and any other regulations are adhered to within the scope of work
- Ensuring that the Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to within the scope of work
To be successful as a Control and Software Engineer, you must have:
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, mechanical, science, or related field of study
- Dedicated experience in the design and implementation of control and software systems
- An excellent understanding of a product lifecycle
- Advanced knowledge of C&S development tools
- Previous experience in delivering projects through all stages
Proficient knowledge (preferably also experience) in many, of the following areas and be prepared to gain knowledge of the others:
- Control theory
- OO Software development (all stages) (preferably C++ 11)
- Actuator technologies
- Sensor technologies
- PLC and SCADA development (all stages)
- Robotics (Forward/inverse kinematics, trajectory generation, control theory)
- Motor drive technologies
- Requirements analysis
- Real-time software development and OS usage
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Control and Software Engineer (Contract), please apply immediately.