Excellent salary plus benefits
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Engineer to deliver all compliance reviews and documentation on the client's projects from requirements specification through to concept, design, implementation, manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery, and operational life cycle.
Your responsibilities as a Compliance Engineer will include:
- Compilation of technical files in accordance with UK, European and North American standards
- Maintaining awareness of other global safety standards legislation and requirements
- Conduct inspections, measurements and audits to evaluate effectiveness of hazard control measures
- Identification of safety devices, control methods, procedures and protection strategies appropriate to the client
- Working on various projects, the Compliance Engineer assists the team in delivering world class technology solutions in complex hazardous environments.
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of Compliance aspects of projects, either individually or as part of a project team. This includes the following: specification, design development, design reviews, change management, design risk assessments, implementation, integration, and commissioning.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for compliant sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes to reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards.
- Maintaining compliance knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field.
- Ensuring that the Veolia Health and Safety Policy, hazard and risk analysis, compliance with CDM and any other regulations are adhered to within the scope of work.
- Ensuring that the Veolia Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to within the scope of work.
To be a successful candidate as a Compliance Engineer will include:
- Be proficient in a compliance role within an engineering or manufacturing business.
- Experience in CE marking against the machinery directive, EHSR, ISO 12100 with a good working knowledge of the mechanical standards such as EN 1090 (EXC2) EN 13135, EN 13000, ISO 13855, ISO 13857 series and able to recognise further required standards including their application.
- Experience of electrical standards and Low Voltage Directive desirable
- Compiling in house Test Report Forms (TRF) and technical file documents
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure compliant products are specified and delivered
- Perform in house testing according to ISO 17025 requirements
- Peer review of compliance documents
- Experience with test equipment and techniques used to validate test requirements
- ONC/HNC in mechanical engineering
- 3+ years experience in compliance to CE (In house or NRTL)
- CMSE certificate (Desirable)
- Safety factor/yield documentation review
- UKCA awareness
- UL/CSA/JP experience desirable
- Maintaining awareness of changes to safety standards, directives and legislation
- Define product and component requirements
- Provide guidance and support to project teams
- Independently assess product prototypes
- Research applicable compliance requirements for developing new technologies
- reviewing and maintaining approvals databases and company filing system
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.