Competitive base per annum subject to experience, plus benefits.
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Assistant, our client a leading provider of remote handling solutions, would welcome applicants who have experience of projects, must have NEC experience. This role would suit experience from either Nuclear, Civil Engineering, Construction or Defence.
Reporting into the Commercial Manager, the purpose of the role is to provide a single point of contact for the team in all administrative and commercial matters of running their projects, supporting business winning and delivery activity on nuclear projects in the UK and internationally.
As a Commercial Assistant your responsibilities will include the following:
- Carry out administrative and clerical duties relating to all project and finance business.
- Undertake duties assisting colleagues with specific projects as and when necessary.
- Meet requests for project and estate-based information from all relevant property data systems, collating and interpreting as required.
- Replying to and actioning correspondence, emails, telephone enquiries, on any business relating to section projects.
- Progressing any “project” as allocated by the Commercial Manager. This is likely to be of a data gathering nature, which may involve presentation and simple analysis of the findings.
- To pro-actively look to improve consistency and streamline business processes on all aspects of project admin across the Workplace teams.
- Provide the link between each project and the UK financial control system so that the projects proceed in an accountable and auditable way and raising orders and GRN’ing ensuring that suppliers are promptly paid.
- Dealing with any Purchase Order to pay queries both internally and from suppliers, in relation to purchase orders and invoice queries.
- Focus particularly on query resolution on any invoices that are queried by accounts payable and act as liaison between Project Managers, suppliers and accounts payable to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Set up new projects- completing requests with the Sales and Marketing Team for setting up new projects and making changes to existing projects.
- Ensuring that Projects are entered onto the Projects Database and updated on a regular basis. Running various reports from the systems in a timely manner for projects and assist in ensuring the accuracy of information with the production of reports.
- Work with Project Managers to close projects in a timely manner, remove purchase order commitments and liaise with Finance on project closure.
- Compiling project files, assisting with general enquiries, setting up meetings as necessary, and general administrative duties in relation to projects.
To be successful as a Commercial Assistant, you must have:
- NEC type Contracts Experience and good working knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of office IT applications, in particular Excel and Word.
- Experience and understanding of Accounting Systems, good numeric skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the financial control cycle as applied to projects, accounting and auditing requirements.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal, the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders at various levels
- Work without supervision, using discretion and initiative
- Work as part of a team, often under pressure
- Use effective organisational skills
- Adopt a flexible approach to taking on duties
- An understanding of the significance of service quality issues.
- The ability to handle confidential information.
Hours: Full Time, 37.5-hour week (Mon – Thurs 8.25 hours and 4.5 hours Fri)
This position is based in Abingdon and is easily accessible from Didcot, Wantage, Oxford and Witney
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.