CNC Setter/Programmer (Nights)
Attractive Salary plus Benefits
Recruit12 is excited to present a new opportunity for a CNC Programmer. Reporting directly to the Shift Supervisor the CNC Setter Programmer will be first response to any minor automated issues that affect CNC operation on shift. The CNC Setter Operator will also be responsible for dealing with issues on the downstream line, including but not limited to SHL cells and the straightening presses.
As a CNC Operator, your main responsibilities will include:
- Guarantee a safe working environment
- Ensure all production processes conform to current quality standards
- Manufacture parts in time to satisfy customer demand
- Strive to improve production processes
- Part of a team to investigate root cause analysis of production process downtime and implement corrective actions
- Be competent in running CNC’s, recovery of ABB robots from an emergency stop position and operation of all aspects of the automated lines.
- Tool changing of CNC’s .
- Training of Operators on how to operate ABB robots and recover from an error state or emergency stop.
- Monitor hourly performance and identify shortfalls, liaising with Production Supervision and reporting, raising red flags where required.
- Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant and adhere to all Health and Safety Environmental requirements
- Other related duties as determined by the Production Manager or Shift Supervisor.
To be successful as a CNC Operator, you must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Proven Production experience in Die casting environment CNC’s
- Experience of problem-solving
- Use of 5S to improve the production environment
- Experience of straightening presses
- Understanding of KPI’s to track performance
- ABB robot operation and programming
- Experience within castings sector
- IOSH Qualification
- Tier 1 automotive supply
- CNC Specific training packages
- CNC Setting
- Training of team members
- Basic understanding of OEE calculation and what drives the metric from the cell.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World-Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.