CNC Process Support Technician
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a CNC Process Support Technician working at a renowned international manufacturer of metal components for the automotive industry working on NPI for a major EV focussed project. As a CNC Process Support Technician, you will maintain machine tools and setting of all required assets in the production area.
As a CNC Process Support Technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Looking after and maintaining the machine tool setting applications
- Managing team performance to achieve goals and objectives for Quality and on time delivery.
- Assisting and driving continuous improvement opportunities to maximise efficiency
- Ensuring processes contribute to a safe working environment to meet EHS requirements.
- Maintaining tool life and tool changes on all machines
- Utilising lean manufacturing principles to participate in improvement process for capability. Quality, capacity and cost exercises
- Liaising with NPI to help create the right fixture or work holding techniques for future projects
- Liaising with machine tool suppliers to find the best application
- Being part of a feasibility team on new drawings or cad models for future application
- Performing basic everyday machine checks
- Analysing cycle times looking for improvement possibilities
To be successful in the position of CNC Process Support Technician, you must have the following:
- Have a machining background in either Automotive or Aerospace sectors
- Read and interpret customer drawings, standards and specifications.
- Have knowledge of aluminium cutting processes.
- Have knowledge of tools and cutters required to achieve the best possible application.
- Have knowledge of multispindle and rotary table applications
- Be a proven and competent time served Setter Operator
- Be able to interpret NC programs.
- Have experience on in a current or similar role
- Hold machinist qualifications
- Be a qualified Setter
- Have familiarity with Simunek Siemens 840d Applications
What you will receive as a CNC Process Support Technician:
This is a permanent, full-time position (initially on day-shift but WILL eventually commute to a double-day shift then to a 3 Shift rotation) annual salary of circa £29,000p/a (+ shift allowance when this applies) alongside benefits including, 25 days holiday + 8 bank hols, pension contributions up to 8%.
This position is based near Wolverhampton and is commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Birmingham and Coleshill, Telford, Castle Bromwich, Dudley, Tipton, Wednesbury, Great Barr, Halesowen, Stoke, Stafford.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a CNC Process Support Technician, please apply immediately.