Certification & Compliance Engineer
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Certification & Compliance Engineer to identify industry standards, judge their applicability to the product, interpret the legislation and work with system engineers to translate it into an engineering requirement and test procedure. The individual will be involved in projects from the earliest feasibility studies, to guide the design, and will take responsibility for technical conformity activities as the vehicle/product reaches manufacturing and sales release.
Your responsibilities as a Certification & Compliance Engineer will include:
- Working with discreet project teams to undertake a wide range of vehicle projects for a broad customer base.
- Involvement in conceptual layout, vehicle attributes and the development and validation strategy of the vehicle.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and suppliers of regulatory information, to maintain the clients awareness of latest industry standards across global markets and will be the internal expert for homologation requirements.
- Test liaison with tracks, proving grounds and test houses.
- Developing product or full-vehicle certification and compliance sign-off approaches for a range of volumes from individual products to low/medium production-volume programmes.
- Be responsible for understanding customer requirements, generating project scope and system specifications.
- To liaise directly with the client on technical matters and act as the voice of the client within the company.
- DVP creation and implementation.
- Generating and presenting project material.
To be a successful candidate as a Certification & Compliance Engineer you will need:
- An engineering qualification (e.g. Degree, Degree Apprenticeship) in mechanical, automotive, electrical or aerospace engineering.
- A detailed knowledge of certification, legislation, homologation, market requirements and compliance in at least 1 industry is essential: exposure to multiple industries is desirable e.g. mining, automotive, motorsport, rail, off-highway.
- Working knowledge of automotive safety integrity level (ASIL) or aerospace development assurance level (DAL) is essential.
- A good understanding of the design and development processes for vehicles and vehicle systems is essential.
- Involvement in a vehicle development programme at various stages of maturity is essential.
- Able to demonstrate that the prior experience in certification and compliance is transferable to different industries in an advanced engineering environment.
- Expertise within electrification would be desirable.
- Some knowledge of operational safety would be desirable.
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Siemens NX 7.5, TeamCenter or CATIA V5 is desirable.
- Working knowledge of concerns management software (e.g. JIRA) and ALM/PLM requirements management software (e.g. Polarion) is desirable.
- Ability to use your initiative, respond quickly to problems and manage your own workload / projects.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.