Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to support the company objectives by purchasing products, schedule deliveries and maintain inventory levels ensuring best value, delivery performance, and quality for goods, services, and production materials required by the company. Researches market forces that drive cost and delivery performance for the assigned commodities.
Your responsibilities as a Buyer will include:
- Enter, and keep updated, supply chain parameters, purchase orders, and all pertinent information into the JDE ERP system. Evaluate exception reports on a weekly basis
- Attend daily production meetings and liaise with production planner on items that require urgent action.
- Negotiate pricing, payment terms, freight terms and any other issue pertaining to cost with assigned supply base.
- Ensure pricing and supplier information is always up to date in the JDE ERP system.
- On a regular basis, identify and market test (with RFQ) assigned commodities with alternative suppliers. Source to new suppliers when necessary. Provide longer term forecasts or Supplier agreements under direction of Purchasing Director.
- When necessary investigate any quality issues and following up with supplier on correction actions.
- Work with Production to ensure successful and economical launch of new products. Ensure that production material has passed first item if required. Ensuring suppliers are aligned with requirements.
- Identify and execute savings projects in sufficient quantities to support company objectives. Identify any PPV issues, eliminating negative variances where possible. Support company efforts to accurately set standard costs.
- Take appropriate steps to manage inventory levels to support company objectives.
- Conduct all business, internally and externally, with the highest level of professionalism.
To be a successful candidate as a Buyer you will need:
- Handles most complex and expensive production materials specifically factored product and MRO items . Annual spend c£4.0 million.
- Thorough understanding of JDE ERP system is preferred. Must have mastered the Purchasing portion of JDE or similar ERP systems to assure on time deliveries without adding excessive inventory. Must be able to run forecast reports and other data as required to manage assigned commodity. Must understand the linkages between the Purchasing module and other modules within JDE.
- CIPS Accredited Degree or Diploma in Procurement and Supply or equivalent supply chain supply qualifications
- Substantial experience of direct supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to collect and analyse data on market conditions that drive supplier pricing and delivery issues. Use that data to mitigate, eliminate or justify price changes proposed by the supply base.
- Ability to organise data and present clearly to the clients management
- Understands supplier processes and cost drivers to sufficiently mitigate excessive lead times, costs, inventory levels, and quality problems.
- Ability to clearly communicate company positions to suppliers, who may strongly disagree with those positions.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.