Business Development Manager
Salary up to £55,000 depending on experience plus company car and fuel card
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to seek and present new business opportunities and to develop additional customers in all product offerings.
As a Business Development Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Focusing on growing and developing existing customers; building and maintaining relationships, enabling further growth and new business generation.
- Identifying and seeking opportunities for business development with potential new customers.
- Creating, negotiating and closing new business deals and commercial agreements at most senior levels.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for products and commodities; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Maintain and manage current accounts, meeting regularly with relevant customer personnel, spanning all functions/positions through to VP level.
- Co-ordinate and Chair Enquiry Kick-Off Meetings.
- Lead internal discussions ref enquiries, ensuring all deadlines are met for customer responses.
- Manage SRD / Winman process.
- Ensure full cost analysis is met, through the internal QAF, considering procured items, manufacturing process, tooling, capital, packing, logistics, raw materials price etc., using data prepared by relevant departments and also collected from previous models, research and supplier analysis, setting cost and investment targets to last project lifetimes.
- Prepare, present and submit offers in a timely manner ensuring Company conditions are quoted (quote letters), creating and submitting customer CBD/QAF as and when necessary.
- Establishes and negotiates and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Provide feedback to Senior Management Team at Lander regarding future customer requirements and expectations in the product areas that we are either in already or that we seek to engage on. As a part of this we will need to assess our own strengths, weaknesses and capability to support customers in a manner that delivers sourcing and growth.
- Identifies Business Development ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Screening potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
- Provides a monthly Sales Report KPI tracking and key issues to Commercial Director.
- Any other duties that may be required to support the needs of the business
To be a successful candidate for a Business Development Manager you must need:
Must be a dynamic, fast-paced individual with background and proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business. Experience within an 1st and / or 2nd Tier automotive supplier with IATF16949 quality management system and possessing negotiation skills is essential. Have an extensive past client portfolio / contacts base. An engineering background and understanding of Lean manufacturing processes and tools is advantageous. Hands on – self motivator. Stay aware of market trends. Full UK driving license.
- Stainless Steel
- Hybrid Assemblies - Metal / Plastic / Rubber
- Off Highway
- Construction Equipment
- Power Generation
- Energy Storage
- T1 Automotive / On Highway
- Mass Transit / Rail
- Commercial / Truck
- Fluid and Air Transfer Pipes and Assemblies
- ICE Engine
- Battery Vehicles
- Battery Cell Cooling
- Cabin Heating & Cooling
- Air Conditioning
- Turbo Pipes
- Fuel Injectors / Senders
- Structural / Welded Assemblies
- Frames and Structures
- Ladder Frames
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World-Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.