Attractive Salary plus Benefits
Recruit12 currently has an exciting new role for a Battery Engineer OR a Senior Battery Engineer to join a worldwide respected organisation, working on a range of exciting technical development projects which are targeted to ensure high quality, competitive product against the market comparables.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer at one of their modern engineering centres in Staffordshire, you will be working on a range of exciting technical development projects which are targeted to ensure that their machines are the most technically advanced, robust and competitive on the market
As a Battery Engineer OR Senior Battery Engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of high voltage vehicle battery systems
- Electrical and electronic system and architecture definition
- Understanding of safety-critical systems and the application to electrical and electronic systems design and specification in harsh environments
- Specifying electrical and electronic components for use in the battery system
- Testing and validation of electrical and electronic components and battery systems
- Integration of energy storage system within the product range
- Working with suppliers to develop technical strategy
- Development of technical specifications, Group Electrical Standards, and instructions
- Carrying out system and installation reviews to known standards
- Data analysis and simulation of battery systems
To be successful as a Battery Engineer, you must have:
- Educated to a minimum HND level in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and/or similar
- Self-motivated and capable of working well both alone and as a member of a team
- Able to demonstrate significant experience in automotive or Off-Road electrical systems design
- Proficient in the use of engineering software and simulation tools
- Experienced in the specification of battery systems, including cells, chemistry, and manufacturing/handling processes
- Able to understand and contribute to the development of machine electrical components, and vehicle harness architectures to suit off-road applications
- Have a good knowledge of vehicle legislation and standards for the UK, Europe, and ROW
What you will receive as a Battery Engineer:
Attractive salary plus benefits, and the opportunity to take charge of your career by working for an organisation that encourages growth and development within your skillset. Fully supportive of professional development such as IMechE, IET or Chartered Engineer status. This opportunity allows you to take ownership of your technical skills, by providing a supportive environment to enable you to excel in all aspects of the role. Permanent benefits include committed career progression and development paths including, pension, medical and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre, and 33 days annual leave.
This position is based in Staffordshire and is easily accessible by areas such as Telford, Stafford, Cannock, West Midlands, Nottinghamshire and other surrounding areas.
If this is a position that excites you, then please apply immediately.