£26,000 - £37,500pa depending on experience, Quarterly performance bonus, Pension, and Private Medical.
Recruit 12 Construction has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Estimator working for a construction subcontractor who is a specialist within their sector.
The purpose of the role is to provide accurate, well-presented, and prompt proposals, and coordinate and support tasks across the Sales Team that will help the Project Lead win projects.
Your responsibilities as an Assistant Estimator will include:
- Read and scale architects' drawings to accurately quantify and price requirements.
- Logically process and assess all items within an inquiry and determine which are the important items and analysis the blends
- Interpret technical drawings and specifications from each inquiry
- Produce relevant questions and sufficient pricing notes to explain any non-compliances to protect the business from risk
- Accurately quantify requirements on each project, calculate price and submit draft proposals, getting approval of the project lead on secured jobs
- Take ownership of tasks given with a view to driving them through to completion including delegating to other support teams within the business.
- Assist the Head of Sales & Commercial or Strategic Accounts Manager on one-off requests.
- Participate in brainstorming meetings for key projects, giving the sales team a clear outline of the job and identifying any different specifications or fixing details, explaining how the price has been made up, and value engineering possibilities considered, and records of any previous conversations
- Working closely with the Project Lead to provide re-quotes to help secure orders
- Prepare for Weekly Sales Meetings and Daily Huddles and actively participate in them.
- Complete RFI presentations including rationalization & simplification recommendations
- Attend meetings with customers, take notes and distribute with clear action of who, what by when. Also, take as many of these actions forward to help the project lead focus on customer contract time.
- Attend 121 update meetings with the manager to report any decisions taken or advice needed where the outside the previous remit
- Follow the clear desk and clear desktop policy, respond to emails within one day and any follow-up within one week, answering phones and voicemails promptly.
- Provide information for KPIs with any points needing discussion
- A weekly score of quotes and RFI presentations
- Allocated tasks completed accurately on time
To be a successful candidate as an Assistant Estimator you will need:
- One or more years in a similar construction project estimating related role
- Three G.C.S.E.s, including Mathematics and English or similar an advantage
- Competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Word.
- An ability to understand architectural drawings, and read bills of work and specification pages with a basic knowledge of applicable regulations.
- The ability to anticipate possible problems and note these on our proposals. For example, to spot non-standard fixing details, unusual access requirements or the need for specialist equipment, or particular coordination with other trades or material
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport, or a valid UK visa.