Recruit12 Engineering are excited to be presenting an excellent opportunity for an Assembly Project Engineer to join the production team of a leading supplier to the automotive industry; specialising in the design and manufacture of rear lamp lighting. Reporting into a Senior Assembly Engineer, the successful candidate will provide engineering level support, ensuring optimal performance of the assembly manufacturing area is achieved.
As an Assembly Project Engineer, roles and responsibilities will include:
- Introduce new project into assembly from feasibility stage through to production
- Keep track of both customer and supplier timing plans and schedules
- Commission new tooling and optimise settings in partnership with the Assembly manager
- To train members with new machinery, products and methods
- To have an active involvement in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives
- Control project costs by applying for expenditures, administering suppliers
To be successful in the role of Assembly Project Engineer, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- ONC / HNC in Engineering, either Electrical or Mechanical Bias
- Experience with multiple application of assembly equipment for high volume components
- Familiarisation PFMEA, Process Design, Standard work instruction and Line balance
- Ability to construct technical specifications for suppliers
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Worcestershire; easily accessible from Birmingham, Redditch, Solihull and Stratford-upon-Avon.
If you are an Assembly Project Engineer and are currently seeking a new position within the Automotive Manufacturing industry, please do not hesitate to get in contact.