An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Technician to join a renowned company in the design, development and manufacture of automotive components. Working a 3 shift pattern; the successful candidate will be responsible for providing breakdown support to manufacturing areas, carrying out improvements and preventive maintenance on assembly equipment. In return, you will receive with a salary of £42,000 to £45,000 inclusive of shift allowance.
As an Maintenance Technician, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Renovation and routine maintenance of assembly equipment.
- Carryout fault finding activities and undertake timely repair of equipment in the following areas; Robotics, PLC’s, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Undertake planned preventative maintenance activities on automated production facilities.
- Timely response to equipment stoppages
- Improvements to assembly equipment (Kaizan)
- Adherence to departmental systems (Pm, recording downtime) (Pirana)
- Key performance indicators such as equipment OEE
- Ensure strict adherence to safe working practices and observe safety rules at all times
To be successful as a Maintenance Technician, you must be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and experience:
- City & Guilds 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Completed a recognised Maintenance Apprenticeship or equivalent experience within the Automotive Industry
- Experience with PLC’s and HMI’s
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Reasonable level of mechanical aptitude including welding, fabrication and mechanical fitting
- Knowledge the Mig welding and Spot welding process
- Knowledge of robotic welding (ABB/ Motorman/ Fanuc)
- Experience within an Automotive maintenance environment and knowledge of maintenance
This role is based in Cannock, and is easily accessible from Stafford, Lichfield, Walsall, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Wolverhampton, Telford, Burton upon Trent and Birmingham.
If you are a Maintenance Technician, who meets the requirements and are seeking an opportunity to work with a leading global automotive manufacturing company, please apply immediately.