Area Sales Manager
£40,000-£45,000 plus car allowance
Recruit 12 has an exciting for an Area Sales Manager to be responsible for business development and account management of the assigned accounts. Using your technical knowledge and professional sales approach, you will be able to sell the benefits of our product portfolio to maximise sales and gross margin.
Your responsibilities as an Area Sales Manager will include:
- To manage customers and sales opportunities within defined area responsibility ensuring achievement of objectives for sales and gross margin.
- Contribute to and execute business strategy by product and application to achieve and exceed annual targets in relation to sales & gross margin.
- To act as primary customer interface, ensure customer service level & retention and effective sales and opportunity management.
- Develop new business with new and existing customers, aligned with company sales strategy.
- Achieve sales & gross margin metrics in line with business objectives.
- Effectively prioritise customers, prospects, and opportunities to ensure contact and support levels are delivered accordingly.
- Select and technically verify products and prepare quotations with support from TSE team as required.
- Effectively track and follow up enquiries, quotations, and opportunities.
- Deliver sales KPI’s, sales order and pipeline forecasting.
- Manage target accounts (new and development), ensuring that status, sales potential, and opportunity is effectively recorded, actioned, and communicated.
- Provide adequate support for key accounts and manage risks to business and sales growth opportunities.
- Understand and communicate market opportunity and competitor activity within area responsibility.
- Effective maintenance of CRM database
To be a successful candidate as a Area Sales Manager you will need:
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- UK driving licence
- Knowledge/experience of Power Transmissions, Winches, Fluid Power or related.
- Experience of technical sales and/or business development.
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Word, CRM.
- Excellent understanding of data analysis.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to consult and negotiate with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well with little supervision
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist, working within the Automotive, World class manufacturing, Renewable energy and Construction sectors
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.