Salary Negotiable + Benefits Package
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for an Architect to join a design lead practice, that works across multiple sectors including Transportation, Education, Community, Workplace, Housing, and Private Residential works.
As an Architect your responsibilities will include the following:
- The project architect will be expected to be aware of the company’s agreed scope of service and to work within these requirements. They should advise the team leader if at any point they believe additional services are being requested by the client
- Management of project costs against fees in liaison with Partners during the progression of the project for which they are assigned project runner role.
Provision of Architectural Services including:
- Contract Administration including financial control in coordination with QS and certification under the guidance of team leader
- Brief taking and documentation
- Client Liaison
- Design team coordination
- Chairing and documenting design team meetings
- Attendance at (and running off where necessary) site meeting
- Assisting senior team members in the preparation of the project program.
- Autonomous working and leading junior team members in design, detailing, model making, graphics, filing, administration, and recording of information for projects.
- Carrying out/ drawing up measured building surveys.
- Attending and giving presentations and forming part of bid teams where necessary Maintaining records of site visits and telephone conversations
- Issuing and receiving drawings and other project information
- Managing the planning and building control protocols and liaising with the relevant local authority officers. Maintenance of relevant trackers.
- Assisting in the preparation of invoices
- Informing partners of any events which may require the attention of the company’s PI Insurers.
- Producing letters, reports, presentations, and other documentation on Microsoft Word, Publisher, and PowerPoint Answering telephone queries and redirecting or taking messages where appropriate.
- Maintaining an effective job filing including the PQP Completing weekly timesheets
- Attending/taking part in whole office Friday morning meetings.
- Other tasks as necessary in the day-to-day function of the office include archiving and answering telephones. Additional roles within the practice may be required in order to manage office functions such as:
- BIM/ IT/ CPD/ QA
- Business networking includes the promotion of the practice at supplier-led events.
To be successful as an Architect, you must have:
- Degree in Architecture from an ARB/ RIBA approved school – essential
- Post Graduate Diploma in Architecture from an ARB/ RIBA approved school – essential Post-Graduate Diploma in Architectural Practice – essential
- (The above can be replaced with equivalent qualifications from other countries supported by a UK NARIC Statement of Comparability)
- Current registration with the ARB as an Architect – essential
Comprehensive Computer Skills including:
- CAD package as appropriate to projects (Revit/ Autocad)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- MS Office 365 including publisher, excel, and project