A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an APQP Engineer for leading automotive manufacturer based in Halesowen. As APQP Engineer, you will be responsible for development phase documentation as per R&D this should ensure smooth handing over to production and helps to achieve manufacturing KPIs.
Salary circa £35,000 + benefits
As an APQP Engineer, your key responsibilities will include
- Ensure for each product/process - Control plan, Flow charts, FMEA, SPC, MSA, Test definition, IMDS
- Leads the relevant APQP items within the project team
- PPAP submission on time as per rolling agenda/Gate system
- Investigate systems’ failures and issues via 8D principles for development phase
- Perform quality assessments.
- Customer specific requirements for product and process
Communicate with external clients about corrective/improvement actions.
- Participation on the new product development
To be successful in the role of APQP Engineer, you must be able to demonstrate the following
- Practical experience of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
- Practical experience in use of problem-solving tools such as 8D reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including process documentation
- Degree in Engineering
- Background in Quality and previous Automotive industry experience advantageous
- Knowledge of ISO/IATF 16949 combined with proven auditing experience to this standard ideal.
This position is based in Halesowen and is easily accessible from Rubery, Stourbridge, Redditch and Bromsgrove.