Advanced Quality Engineer
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Quality Engineer to be responsible for the implementation and administration of the Advanced Quality Process that assures the introduction of products and processes that fully meet organizational goals, stated customer requirements and warranty performance goals.
Your responsibilities as an Advanced Quality Engineer will include:
- Leads the activities of APQP cross-functional teams within the program launch process for the product group/region.
- Acts as the Voice of Customer and supports interface requirements
- Assures the implementation at the group level of the clients Standard Advanced Quality Planning Process and Procedures.
- Assures adequate adherence to the APQP process and methodologies by participating in meetings and performing periodic audits.
- Reviews APQP status for key programs. Assures the prompt resolution of issues by using problem reporting and resolution techniques.
- Reports the status of Quality Gates to the Program Management and Advanced Quality staff.
- Participates in the creation and review of Programs Master Schedules.
- Assures adequate use of customer quality and field quality information at every stage of the product development process.
- Coordinates with Program Management to assure timely closure of Advanced Quality Gates in sync with the Programs Master Schedules.
- Coordinates the shared use of Quality Engineering resources with the Quality Assurance Function.
- Provides support (ie time, effort and resources) to the successful implementation of all Program Management, Advanced Quality (APQP) and Quality Assurance Policies, Procedures and new initiatives.
- Moderate the quality disciplines application into the program management process.
- Ex. Design and Process FMEA (all programs); APQP, PPAP, etc
- Support the problem-solving activities on issue which could occur during new product development
To be a successful candidate as an Advanced Quality Engineer you will need:
- Knowledge of automotive standard IATF 16949 (second party auditor preferred)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in advanced quality. Automotive business is preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years exposure of industrial manufacturing processes. Automotive business is preferred
- Experience of Supplier Development Quality. Automotive business (preferred)
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing process and all standard automotive quality tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, MSA).
- Knowledge of failure modes analysis (what failed and why).
- Strong 8D discipline and problem-solving methodology (basic RED X knowledge preferred)
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.